Recipe for Indian Restaurant Style Punjabi Dal Makhani at HomeRachna Sheth
Since the pandemic has begun, Indians across the USA are missing the taste of Indian restaurants. It is quite risky to move out for dinner, but at the same time, it is quite irresistible to stay away from the delicious food. It has been more than four months that we have adopted a new lifestyle. We at GroceryBabu are trying to help Indians across the USA with fresh and healthy Indian grocery delivery in the USA. So, buy Indian groceries online and cook your favourite dishes in the USA.
Why not prepare the scrumptious Indian dishes at home than relying on the restaurants or food delivery amidst the pandemic? We have got the lip-smacking ‘Dal Makhani’ recipe blog with video for helping you cook Indian restaurant style Punjabi dal Makhani at home.
Shall we begin?
Dal Makhani: The Lip-Smacking Indian Recipe
Also known as buttery lentils, the Dal Makhani is a scrumptious lentils recipe originating from Punjab, India. This famous Indian recipe was introduced at the time of partition by Kundan Lal at his restaurant at Delhi called as, Moti Mahal. The dish became popular with time because of its delicious taste and healthy ingredients. It is one of the rich Indian dishes to prepare, as it involves a lot of healthy ingredients. Be it an Indian Veg Buffet or a main course meal; Dal Makhani has been popular amongst every Veg restaurants across the world.
How is it served?
Dal Makhani is served with jeera rice and raw onions. Indian restaurants also recommend drinking buttermilk while having this delicious vegetarian dish.
Indian Style Dal Makhani Recipe: (Buy Indian Groceries Online)
To cook the delicious Dal Makhani recipe, you must be ready with the lentils soaked and boiled. Hence, we recommend you read the description of the recipe carefully for preparing a perfect dish.
- Soaked and boiled Black Udad Dal (Lentils)
- Soaked and Boiled Rajma (Kidney Beans)
- Chopped Onions
- Clarified butter/Ghee
- Dal Makhani Masala
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Red Chili Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Wash Udad Dal thoroughly. Soak it for a few hours.
- Optional: Take 10-20 grams of Kidney Beans and wash it 3-4 times. Soak it for few hours in hot boiling water.
- Pressure cook Udad Dal Chilka and Kidney beans adding Salt, Turmeric Powder & 2 Cup water on high flame till tender.
1) In a wok heat two Tablespoon Makhan Ghee on low flame. Mix a little bit of butter to bring an extraordinary taste.
2) Add Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Cumin Seeds & let it change the colour, Curry leaves, Ginger-Garlic Paste and sauté well.
3) Add Red Chilli Powder, pour 1 cup of water and mix well.
4) Please bring it to boil.
5) Add Salt, cooked Udad Dal Chilka and Kidney beans. Later, stir it.
6) Add Garam Masala Powder, Lemon Juice and mix well gently. You can also add special Dal Makhani Masala if you can manage to get it.
7) Add half Tablespoon Makhan Ghee, mix and remove from flame.
For garnishing, you can add half Tablespoon Makhan Ghee in a serving bowl and serve immediately.
To make your Dal Makhani tastier, you can also make tomato puree by smashing 2-3 medium-sized tomatoes. Adding the puree at the time of cooking and before adding the cooked dal, brings in a different colour to the dish. It also gives a distinct aroma to the same dish. Well, if you are an Indian Jain and can not afford to both garlic and onion then adding tomatoes can help to enhance the taste.
Buy Indian Groceries Online for Dal Makhani Recipe
While you are planning to cook the delicious Dal Makhani, it is essential to check with the required ingredients. We at GroceryBabu help you get all the necessary ingredients for cooking Dal Makhani at your home in the USA. Visit our online grocery delivery store for buying fresh and healthy Indian groceries—Order Indian grocery online without worrying about your dinner menu.