Food Secrets: 5 Unusual Indian Spices For Good HealthRachna Sheth
Indian food is considered as the food of good aroma.
It has got the best health benefits to deliver.
Indian food is an assortment of Indian spices and vegetables. And on top of that, the cooking method makes it more delicious and intoxicating.
We at GroceryBabu serve Indians across the USA with the best Indian groceries. With our mobile apps and website portal, you can order Indian groceries online anywhere in the USA.
What makes Indian Spices so powerful and aromatic?
Food chemists believe that Indian food is the next breakout cuisine. The Indian spices make it more interesting as they have got the overlapping feature. Yes, when you mix Indian spices with any of your cooking preparation, you will instantly feel its presence along with the aroma. It has the goodness of nature.
Undoubtedly, if you are cooking any vegetable or pulses, it is incomplete without Indian spices. The most usual and common cooking Indian spices include turmeric, coriander powder, chilly powder, cardamom powder, garam masala, asafoetida, fenugreek powder, cloves, etc. You can buy Indian groceries online, including all these spices from our Indian grocery store online- GroceryBabu.
With our blog on the most unusual Indian spices and their food secrets, here we disclose each one of them with its benefits.
Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
Carom seeds are also known as Ajman seeds and Ajwain seeds in different parts of India. It has amazing health properties to deliver if cooked with regular meals, including vegetables and pulses.
Adding ajwain seeds to your daily diet or even after the meal as a mouth freshener can deliver great health benefits to your body. Here are the top secrets of adding carom seeds as your secret cooking ingredient.
Health Benefits Ajwain Seeds:
- Best for aiding digestion. It keeps the stomach bloating and gas issues at bay.
- An ideal Indian spice for people with high blood pressure disorder helps maintain the blood pressure.
- Consuming ajwain seeds can help to prevent cold and cough. It is also best to treat congestion caused due to cough.
- It is also the best natural medicine for toothache and arthritis.
Cardamom is popularly known as ‘Elaichi.’ It is consumed in two ways, it is either consumed as whole seeds or in powder form. Depending upon the cooking requirement, the cardamom seeds or powder are consumed.
The best thing about cardamom is its rich aroma and flavor. There is nothing more exotic and pleasing than the cardamom aroma. You can mix it with any cooking dish to enhance its taste and nutrition.
Let’s talk about a few health benefits:
- It helps lower the blood pressure with its antioxidant and diuretic properties
- Best for digestion problems.
- Consuming it daily can help fight cancer cells.
- One of the best ingredients to include in your daily diet for maintaining good oral hygiene.
- It also helps to maintain blood sugar levels.
A very people would know about this unusual but healthy Dill Seeds, also known as Sowa. It is used for adding a unique tangy flavor to Indian dishes and curry. Consuming dill seeds is common in India for women who have just delivered a baby.
Let’s explore the health benefits:
- One of the best ingredients for improving digestion.
- It is widely used as a sleep-inducing element.
- Best for boosting the immunity levels. Hence, it is mostly given to mothers who have just delivered a baby or experienced a delivery.
- Also, considered good for strengthening bones.
- Newborn babies are often given Dill Seeds water to cure stomach pain and other gas-related disorders.
Kamar Kas or Kamar Gondh is a very unusual Indian ingredient. It is not a part of daily cooking ingredients, but still, it holds some special secrets for improving human health. Let’s explore the benefits.
- If consumed in the right quantity, it is best for having flawless skin and healthy hair.
- It helps a woman to shape a good physique after delivery.
- It helps in controlling cholesterol.
- It helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- It works as the best medicine for reducing backache.
Many of us have consumed fennel seeds as a mouth freshener. But it has got some exciting nutritional properties that offer endless health benefits.
Fennel seeds are also used as Indian spices while cooking Vegetable Biryani and Besan Pudlas or Cheelas. It has got a powerful aroma for delivering a fresh feeling to your mouth. Many people also drink fennel tea for good body and health.
- Best for regulating blood pressure
- Helps with water retention
- It is best for aiding digestion, gas, or bloating issues.
- Purifies blood with its essential oil and fiber.
- One of the best ingredients for improving eyesight.
- Promotes mental clarity as per the Ayurveda
Indian food spices have got ample health benefits to offer your body and mind. It just not serves as an ingredient for cooking delicious dishes but also serves as a natural medicine for various health-related problems.
GroceryBabu, the Indian grocery online delivery store, delivers all the usual and unusual Indian spices to your doorstep. Check out our online store for the best deals!