Popular Navratri Fasting Recipes: Healthy & TemptingGrocerybabu
Everyone is excited as the pious and famous Indian festival; Navratri is arriving this month. Well, due to the pandemic- there would not be enough places to play the Navratri dance called ‘Garba’. But yes, we can continue performing the fast and cook some healthy and tempting Navratri fasting recipes to keep our spirits on the feast. So, with this blog- we at GroceryBabu- the Indian online grocery store in the USA has got popular fasting recipes for Navratri 2020.
Backed by Science: Health Benefits of Fasting
Before we jump to the popular Navratri recipes, let us talk about the health benefits associated with the fasting. And yes, whatever we are going to share are backed by science and are supported after detailed research. So, let us talk about the health benefits of fasting.
- Fasting is said to be best for controlling blood sugar. The health experts highly recommend a fast during some intervals of the year for the same.
- To enhance the body immunity as well as cholesterol levels, fasting is said to be super beneficial and required.
- Limited calorie intake is needed for keeping the digestive system enhanced. Also, observing fast is an excellent way to maintain body weight. Some study also suggests that fasting helps with enhanced metabolism, which is anyway tremendous and best.
- In one of the studies, health experts have also suggested that performing fast on regular intervals can reduce ageing. It helps with enhanced longevity for both men and women.
Suppose you are planning to observe the Navratri Fast in the USA. In that case, you must not worry about the groceries and other fasting cooking ingredients as GroceryBabu is a popular Indian online grocery store in NJ. Get all the ingredients of your favourite Indian brand by just adding things to cart.
Navratri Fasting Recipes
Hindu people observe a lot of fasts during the year. Be it Ganesh Chaturthi, Janmashtami or Navratri- we have always believed in observing these pious fasts for keeping our spirits high. This year, the exciting Navratri festival starts on 17th October and ends on 25th October. Well, if you are planning to observe fast during any of the Navratri days, especially Ashtami then here are the top 3 fasting recipes for celebrating your spirit.
Indian Grocery Store Online Brings The Popular Navratri Recipes
Well, fasting is a voluntary decision taken by many of us to keep ourselves connected with any of the divine festivals. We understand that many of us are fasting for the first time, or many of us are cooking for the first time. So, here we bring you the most popular Navratri recipes for everyone observing the fast. Also, for buying Indian groceries online, connect with GroceryBabu NJ online store. Let us begin!
1. Sabudana Khichdi (Tapioca Pearls)
Sabudana is considered as the king of the fasting recipes. Sabudana is a popular word for the ingredient, Tapioca Pearls. To buy (Sabudana) Tapioca pearls in the USA, you need to click at GroceryBabu store link. Well, let’s move ahead with the preparations of this tasty and super healthy Navratri fasting recipe, Sabudana Khichdi.
1) Crush unsalted & roasted peanuts.
2) Finely chop Green Chilies.
3) Soak washed Sabudana in 1 Cup of water and cover & keep aside for 2 hrs.
4) Stir gently after 2 hrs.
5) Cover & keep aside for more 2 hrs.
1) Heat oil on low flame.
2) Add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Chopped Green Chilies, Diced Potatoes, Sendhav Salt (Rock Salt) and mix well.
3) Add Crushed Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Lemon Juice, Soaked Sabudana, Rock Salt.
4) Mix well gently.
5) Cover & Cook for approx. 4 mins.
6) Add Black Pepper Powder and mix gently.
7) Cover & cook for more 3 mins.
Sabudana Khichdi is prepared both as snacks and for lunch during the fast. It is indeed one of the popular Navratri recipes that is easy to cook and delicious to eat. Buying Indian groceries online for Sabudana Khichdi is easy as well with GroceryBabu’s online store link.
2. Indian Style Upvas Kadhi
Many of us wonder that most of the fasting recipes are in the solid state. How about having a recipe that is both delicious, healthy and a little different than the other fasting recipes. For the same, we have thought about introducing Upvas Kadhi recipe. It is a highly popular fasting recipe in India and is accompanied with Sabudana Khichdi or Puri.
1) Finely chop Green Chillies.
1) Place Sour Yogurt in the cooking pot.
2) Add Singoda Flour, Citric Acid & 4 Cups of Water.
3) Blend well into the fine liquid mixture.
4) Add Chopped Green Chilies, Rock Salt, Sugar & Anistar Whole.
5) Cook on medium-low flame.
6) Stir continuously.
7) Cook for approximately 4 min till it becomes little thick inconsistency.
8) Remove from flame
9) Heat Ghee on low flame.
10) Add Cumin Seeds, Whole Red Chilies & Curry Leaves.
11) Pour tadka on cooked Kadi mixture.
12) On a low flame, stir & cook for 2 mins.
3. Dry Potato Bhaji
Many readers requested us to share a potato recipe as popular Navratri fasting recipes this week. So, here we go! Potato Bhaji is one of the famous and most easy fasting recipes that includes the goodness of potato, lemon, and green chillies. It is healthy as well as delicious and is best accompanied with Kadhi and Puri.
1) Heat oil on low flame.
2) Add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, Chopped Green Chilies, Cut Baby Potatoes, Sugar, Lemon Juice, Rock Salt.
3) Mix well & cook for 3 mins.
4) Add Black Pepper Powder & mix gently.
Here we have revealed the three popular Navratri recipes for everyone who are planning to observe the fast during any of the Navratri days. Well, we have also shared the link of Indian grocery store online for buying any of the ingredients mentioned above or spices for cooking these recipes in the USA.
You may also find other popular recipes by scrolling our previous blogs.